That time of year again in Melbourne and the kids are off on school holidays…and I just let off a big sigh! I tell you what, it seems as though the kids have longer holidays then I did back in the days. I would definitely come back as a teacher in my next life, so I can enjoy the school holidays with my kids.
So if you are like me, and need to keep the kids busy and away from the Playstation – here are a few ideas:
If you are in Melbourne, Victoria Free Events
8th April – 3- 8 year olds – Kids Coding at the ‘Southbank Library’ 10.30am – 11.15am – free event
9th – 18th April – 13+ year olds Creating TV ads and other activities at the ‘Melbourne Museum’ – Book Online – Free event
19th April – Kids Day Out at ‘The Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre’ 10am-5pm – Free Event. Amusements and activities for the whole family, to help raise funds for the Royal children’s Hospital.
20th – 21st April – Easter Egg Hunt and meet the Easter Bunny at ‘The District Docklands’ 12noon – 5pm – Free Event
Other things to do Australia Wide
Or simply create your own fun for free
- Build a cubby house/nerf fortress, inside your home from chairs and blankets.
- Bake something delicious and put your decorative skills to the test.
- Have a green thumb? Why not plant some veggies like broccoli, kale or snow peas.
- Explore your bike paths in your area. You’d be amazed to know there are some fantastic courses.
- Visit nature! Nothing like driving to the beach or bush land to have a picnic with the family.
- What better fun than have a family games day/night.
- Host a sleepover with your freinds….eat lollies, popcorn and watch your favourite Netflix shows!
Well I hope there a few ideas that will keep your kids occupied for the school holidays. Unfortunately we aren’t going camping these holidays, so my boys will be with their grandma for most of it.
All the best mummas and daddas for these holidays. Stay safe and have fun!
Love Donna_Riama xox0